The Ministry of Health has updated guidelines for visitation in Assisted Living effective April 1st 2021.
Please do not visit if you have any illness symptoms including fever/sweats or chills, diarrhea, cough/or worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, loss of appetite/nausea/vomiting, loss of taste or smell, fatigue/muscle ache or weakness, runny nose or congestion, headache, sore throat/painful swallowing.
- Social visits will only be allowed if there is no active COVID-19 outbreak at the Cedars.
- Physical touch such as hugs and holding hands may occur.
- All visits (indoor and outdoor on the Cedars property) must be scheduled in advance and tracked for contact tracing purposes.
- There is a maximum of two visitors (plus 1 child) at the same time for indoor visits.
- Visits are not limited to the same two visitors at each visit.
- Visitors must be screened, sanitize their hands, wear a mask, and maintain physical distancing.
- Visitors must go directly to the unit. Do not visit with staff or other residents. Only enter the elevator if it is empty. Maintain social distance at all times.
- When leaving, go directly from the unit to the exit. Sign out at the screening desk.
- Residents may have more than two social visitors in an outdoor setting (in alignment with current Provincial Health Officer guidelines)
- ALL OUTDOOR VISITS ON THE CEDARS PROPERTY MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE and tracked for contact tracing purposes.
- Visitors must be screened, sanitize their hands, and wear a mask for the duration of the visit and maintain physical distancing.
- All outdoor visits on the Cedars site must align with current PHO guidance on outdoor gatherings for the public.
- Current outdoor gathering guidelines (as of 30 March/2021) are that up to 10 people can gather outdoors. Do not gather with several groups of new people. Stick to the same 10 people.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK A VISIT
or visit https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/
- Isolation is not required upon return from outings.
- Residents are advised to follow current public health guidance regarding indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- If a resident requires a mask for your outing, please see reception.
- Residents are able to go on overnight visits, if they choose, and there is no requirement for the resident to isolate when they return from an outing.
Thank you for keeping our community safe!